Follow on Bloglovin

The Persephone Complex

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved. Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

sucker for packaging
What’s In My Bag: Evening
I walked with you once upon a dream
On Beauty: Contributing To Hello Margaret
night time, my time
Boo, you whore: Twitter chats, Guru Gossip, and Th...
Clockwork Lolita
Let’s Go Down To The Island
let’s talk about pants
omg I joined facebook what have I done

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon.

June Favourites

Flatlay Yankee Candle Nylon
        scarf*, ScarfWorld // candle*, Scented Candle Shop // Nylon, WHSmith // make-up*, W7 // sunglasses, Primark

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first ever favourites post! I always love reading these kinds of posts and I’ve taken so many suggestions and tips from them recently, that I thought I’d do my own. I’ve found so much wonderful junk lately and thought it was a good time to share, so here you go! First up is a beautiful vintage rose scarf that ScarfWorld were kind enough to send to me. I absolutely love triangle scarves, they are so easy to wear and work so well with so many things. I’ve never shown my scarf collection on my blog but I’m thinking maybe I should, as it’s quite considerable. This one is a gorgeous addition to my stash, as I don’t really have any other light, summer scarves that I can pop on over a dress if I’m going out at night. I absolutely love the little rose detailing and I’ve been wearing it every day since it arrived. I’m sure you’ll see it in future outfit posts! Next I got a really scrummy Yankee candle from Scented Candle Shop, Summer Scoop. It smells exactly like raspberries and ice cream and sugar, it's unbelievable. The make-up is all from W7, and I'm really impressed with it. I'd never tried a fixing spray before I was a bit worried it would be like having hairspray on my  face, but it was actually really hydrating and smelled gorgeous. This lipstick is a lovely bright pink shade, which made a nice change from my usual matte red. As you all know I'm a big fan of Nylon and the latest issue, with Haim gracing the cover, was just a match made in heaven. I will be re-reading that for a while yet, I think.

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At 7 July 2014 16:40 , Blogger Gen said...

Nice post! That scarf is so pretty!

 
At 7 July 2014 17:28 , Blogger Jordan said...

Much love for the Yankee Candle and the scarf is soo lovely!

hellomissjordan.blogspot.co.uk xx

 
At 7 July 2014 19:29 , Blogger Nina said...

Pretty scarf, I've gone off Yankee Candles but one of my old favourites is 'fresh cut roses' which makes my whole place smell amazing and like a secret garden!
Looking forward to seeing more of these posts from you!
xxx
Nina from little nomad

 
At 7 July 2014 20:18 , Blogger Kelly said...

Great post, lovely scarf and I really would love that Yankee Candle

xx

http://ourstorycanresume.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 7 July 2014 21:49 , Blogger Iesha Moustafa said...

Your photographs always make my day! :D I didnt think it was even possible to sprawl something prettily along the floor but you've proved me wrong.

Iesha.x

http://secretlifeofanirishteen.blogspot.ie/

 
At 8 July 2014 10:34 , Blogger little moon lover said...

Nylon is the only fashion magazine I read, for real!... It has it all and not the same silly shenanigans as "how to copy Kim Kardashian's look" or "the perfect pair of shoes!"...geez..like I needed to copy her or a pair of shoes that cost a million bucks...anyway,, enough hater-ness haha... I'm loving the zine, the candle♥, the scarf and I think I have a nail polish in that green color too!..cute pic..
My june favorites revolve around... dieting (not a favorite though), listening a lot of norah jones, reading great expectations, watching orange is the new black season 2! and ashtanga yoga..
what are you planning for july?
xoxo

 
At 8 July 2014 12:02 , Blogger Isabella said...

Nylon is SUCH a fantastic magazine! And that scarf is totally darling.
Bella xx
PS. your favourites post is up! I loved your answers.
http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au

 
At 8 July 2014 21:44 , Blogger Eleanor said...

that scarf is gorgeous!! love all of these! :)
xxxxxx
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

 
At 8 July 2014 21:46 , Blogger shine star said...

Nice blog ;)

http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

 
At 9 July 2014 00:31 , Blogger Emma Jane said...

Major scarf envy! Adore your style, gorgeous!

Em
Tightrope to the Sun

 
At 9 July 2014 16:56 , Blogger Laura Anne Carr said...

I loved reading this post, I'm thinking of doing a similar kind each month :) x
thelittlecheri.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 11 July 2014 14:15 , Blogger Angel Ho said...

Hi, would you like to follow each other via GFC? Leave a comment after you follow, I will follow back asap=) Thank you & See u!
xoxo
www.angelbirdbb.com

 
At 11 July 2014 16:34 , Blogger januarysublime said...

We love these kind of posts, it's nice to see what people are enjoying each week or month. Looks as though you got an inadvertent pink selection here!
JS xx

http://januarysublime.co.uk

 
At 13 July 2014 12:35 , Blogger Lucy Foster said...

I love it, I'm now you're newest follower :)
It would mean alot if you could check out my blog too and et me know what you think, and if you like it follow back :)
Have a nice day
Lucy F
www.fashiondropout.com

 
At 13 July 2014 21:06 , Blogger Helen G said...

that candle sounds like it'd be lovely!

from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

 
At 13 July 2014 22:18 , Blogger John Setrodipo said...

l absolutely fell in love with your blog, following you!<3
Make sure you also check out my blog and follow me as well.

http://fashionableperfection.blogspot.nl/

Love John Setrodipo

 
At 17 July 2014 00:05 , Blogger Eila P. said...

I utterly love Nylon...Haim on the cover, how great! I haven't read this issue actually...

 
At 20 July 2014 17:36 , Blogger LT said...

I love Yankee Candles and that scent looks incredible!! Awesome post as always :)

LT x

http://kind-regards-c.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 23 August 2014 20:32 , Blogger Laura said...

I like green tea - I find it really refreshing.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every one. You can also tweet me @hollycassell, or email me at contactpersephone@gmail.com.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Go to older posts