Follow on Bloglovin

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. If I do happen to use something that belongs to you please get in touch and I'll gladly either credit you or take it down. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved.

Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

June Favourites
sucker for packaging
What’s In My Bag: Evening
I walked with you once upon a dream
On Beauty: Contributing To Hello Margaret
night time, my time
Boo, you whore: Twitter chats, Guru Gossip, and Th...
Clockwork Lolita
Let’s Go Down To The Island
let’s talk about pants

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon.

Beefayre

Scented Candles Beefayre Soy Wax
Candles*, Beefayre

Recently I’ve been thinking a lot about the direction of my blog and the kind of things I want to use it to promote. As some of you will know, I am a vegan, and quite ethically-minded in my day-to-day lifestyle. I am by no means a saint, and I can’t claim to be a cruelty-free blogger; but I’ve realised that is what I would like to be. As small as my little corner of the internet is, I still want to use it to spread good things, clean things, fair things. I’ve always tried to make my blog as true to who I am as I possibly can, and I feel this is the only area in which I have failed. Because I really, really care about the environment, and yet I rarely (if ever) speak about it here.

My first step along my new cruelty-free path is to introduce you to a brand called Beefayre. Now, as I’m sure a lot of you would agree, you just can’t beat a good scented candle. I am properly obsessed with them. I think they just make a house a home in such a simple, sensuous way; it’s hard to find someone who doesn’t love them. Most brands use paraffin wax, which a lot of people don’t know is extremely harmful to the environment, and highly toxic to the people breathing it in. Beefayre, however, uses 100% natural plant oils taken from their own supplier’s plantation, so there’s no deforestation! All their products are cruelty-free, certified by PETA, and everything is vegan except their honey and beeswax. They give 3% of their profits to bee conservation projects and all their materials are recycled. I’ve honestly never come across such an ethical candle company before, and let me just say, all their stuff smells DELICIOUS. I was sent two amazing fragrances to review; Honey Lily, and Rhubarb and Raspberry, as well as an adorable Lemon Lime lipbalm that you’ll see in an upcoming post. Both candles are damn near edible and sit in the prettiest little painted glass holders. Their wax is so pure you can even use it as massage oil! Now, for someone like me, who is a little bit kinky and loves having hot wax dripped onto her, this is a huge bonus. Having a safe wax-play candle that not only smells delicious but also gives my boyfriend a reason to give me a back rub is aces in my book! I’m sure it was totally accidental, but they really have created the sexiest candles around.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 12 July 2014 17:03 , Blogger Marissa Jamie said...

I love scented candles! So far, Yankee Candles are my favourite! :)
Marissa Jamie : Faithfully, Marissa ♡

 
At 12 July 2014 19:11 , Blogger Olivia Erica Ryan said...

I'm such a sucker for candles, so I'm definitely going to check these out! I'm loving Lily Flame candles at the moment.

Olivia xo

 
At 12 July 2014 21:34 , Blogger Carmen Varner said...

Mmm. Wish I could smell these. I always like to have candles around. I've got some cruelty free product reviews coming up as well. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

 
At 13 July 2014 18:49 , Blogger Jenna Opsahl said...

Mmmm sounds lovely =]

 
At 14 July 2014 00:24 , Blogger Panty Buns said...

I too am a vegetarian and wouldn't have guessed from the name that those Beefayre candles were Peta approved and cruelty free. I'll look for them the next time I buy candles :)

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

 
At 14 July 2014 14:30 , Blogger Amber Felce said...

I really want one of the Rhubarb & Raspberry candles I sniffed one of the tealights at a local shop and it smells so good! I visited Beefayre HQ here is the link to my post so you can see where they keep all of their products etc! http://www.ambersbeautytalk.com/2014/05/my-trip-to-beefayre-hq.html I hope you don't mind me sharing but I thought you might like to see :) Amber xx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every one. You can also tweet me @hollycassell, or email me at contactpersephone@gmail.com.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Go to older posts