Follow on Bloglovin

The Persephone Complex

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved. Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

I walked with you once upon a dream
On Beauty: Contributing To Hello Margaret
night time, my time
Boo, you whore: Twitter chats, Guru Gossip, and Th...
Clockwork Lolita
Let’s Go Down To The Island
let’s talk about pants
omg I joined facebook what have I done
what’s in my bag, for realsies
take my hand, and we'll go to the top of the mount...

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon. Copywright of Holly Cassell and The Persephone Complex 2014.

What’s In My Bag: Evening

what's in my bag
Most days I lug around a huge shoulder bag or tote full of various crap that doesn’t bear mentioning. When I’m going to or from my boyfriend’s place, or visiting my mum, I usually have a backpack so big that I need a back rub when I get to the other end. Everything I love seems to be extraordinarily heavy, and although I am one of the most experienced packers I know, I can never manage to get it light enough to be comfortable. I always need my laptop, because I work online. So all my chargers and other kit has to come too. I also need a hairdryer; various shoes for the changeable Welsh weather; my DSLR. In the end my luggage is so cumbersome that I’m forced to walk as if I’m welcoming guests to Castle Frankenstein. Needless to say, I relish those rare, beautiful days or nights when I don’t need to carry five days worth of clothes around with me, and can just relax with one of my favourite clutch bags. It is damn near impossible to build a stylish outfit around a gap-year sized crippler of a backpack (believe me, I’ve tried) so when I’m travelling, I tend to dress like a woman who has completely given up on life. There is loads of stuff around about how to look good when travelling, but it’s never worked for me. I always end up looking homeless, or like a soccer mum from 80’s suburbia who’s been thrown into her closet head first and dragged out by her feet. So I like my leave-everything-behind-and-take-the-Chanel days. They are important for my soul. And my back.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 23 June 2014 16:22 , Blogger Hollie Ryan said...

I love that concealer, its so good!
http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 23 June 2014 22:19 , Blogger Olia said...

I know what you mean about the struggle to pack so much stuff and try to keep it from breaking your shoulders. I did that for a while but now, when I travel, prefer to bring a carry on bag with wheels (doesn't look so stylish but saves my back).

Lately I've been trying to find a good sized crossbody bag, I'm picky about the details and can't find one I like. I want one that I can wear across my body and it needs to have plenty of zipper pockets. The search goes on.

 
At 23 June 2014 22:56 , Blogger Katie said...

BEAUTIFUL HEAVENLY BAG. wow, I'd definitely give up on carrying around 8 pairs of shoes for varying climates if it meant clutching this one. and well done you for having a good selection of bobby pins, they're always useful xx

 
At 24 June 2014 01:26 , Blogger Laura said...

i can completely relate to looking homeless when travelling, haha. especially as i too often end up spending the night at a train/bus station or airport.. so glamorous:-) that bag is beautiful, though! and this is pretty much what i'd like the contents of my bag to be like:-) xx

 
At 24 June 2014 03:30 , Blogger Andini Ria said...

Great post and absolutely love your bag *_* I think I'm the opposite, fearing shoulder pain I pack a crossbody bag then realise I have forgotten a fair few essentials D:

 
At 24 June 2014 05:45 , Blogger Emma Jane said...

Good lord I love what's in my bag posts. I'm the same way with my daily bags. I always carry so much with me. I always have a book, a journal, usually my laptop. You never know when you will be inspired and have to jot something down or read something.

Em
Tightrope to the Sun

 
At 24 June 2014 10:23 , Blogger Lady Vintage said...

You should look like the most beautiful turtle in this world :))) So funny & true I'm no style / homeless / tired mum of 5 childs traveler too Stay strong Love M-C

 
At 24 June 2014 20:13 , Blogger Liz said...

Hhahhahah I have similar problems when packing. I've definitely been working on bringing less and less though it is hard when you have work to do and need a laptop!

 
At 24 June 2014 20:23 , Blogger Diana Cloudlet said...

Dear, randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is magnificent!

would you like to follow each other?
will be happy to see you in my blog)

www.dianacloudlet.com

 
At 24 June 2014 22:33 , Blogger amy said...

How do you write so well? I have a similar problem but that's just because I have my filofax/random sketchbooks/sunglasses/umbrella/shit etc etc filling up my bag. I actually feel a bit lost when I go on a night out and I take the tiniest clutch bag, I feel as if i'm missing everything!
xxx

 
At 26 June 2014 23:23 , Blogger vivian said...

ha omg, I'm the same about carrying my life around with me in my bags, especially because my laptop is basically like my detachable limb or something; I only recently just got my first smartphone so I always felt like I had to have my laptop with me to stay connected. I'm just not low maintenance enough to travel light and stylishly!
love the Chanel bag! it looks perfect for a night out.
♥ vivian | seattleite fashionista

 
At 29 June 2014 20:01 , Blogger Corinne said...

Hahaha, I have to take everything with me too! I'm not as bad on a day to day basis, but when staying over night somewhere all my tech needs to come with me too. And if there isn't wifi, I'm not going :p

Corinne x

 
At 30 June 2014 06:37 , Blogger anoddgirl said...

"leave-everything-behind-and-take-the-Chanel" haha love it!
grew post
x
http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

 
At 2 July 2014 17:22 , Blogger Rita said...

Love your blog ;D

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one. If you have a question I can be most easily reached @hollycassell on Twitter, or I will respond on your blog should you leave a link :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Go to older posts