Follow on Bloglovin

DISCLAIMER

All photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated. If I do happen to use something that belongs to you please get in touch and I'll gladly either credit you or take it down. Please don't use any photos or text from this blog without my permission. All rights reserved.

Gifted items will be marked with an asterisk (*) All reviews are completely honest and all opinions are my own.



INTERVIEWS I'VE CONDUCTED

Ruby Elliot
Vilte F
Patricia Alvarado
Caitlin Skaalrud
Forsyth Harmon
Valerie Phillips

PAST ENTRIES

Well I’ve got a thick skin and an elastic heart: p...
Well I’ve got a thick skin and an elastic heart: p...
and suddenly I find myself listening to a man I’ve...
too much time spent on nothing, waiting for a mome...
it’s been cold for years, won’t you let it lie?
But I’ve got so much wickedness and sin: part 2
men are coming to take me away
Artists: Jenna Opsahl
they say the French are glad to die for love
You spoke like broken thunder deep into the centre...

ELSEWHERE

TABOO Magazine
Style Vulture
Hello Margaret!
SCREENQUEENS
PopCulturePuke



Layout by Swoon for the Moon.

we’ve come too far to give up who we are


Okay, where do I start?

Firstly, I’m sorry for being MIA lately - if there are any commenters who’s words I have failed to reply to, please let me know and I’ll get right on it. I’m doing my best to respond to them all now and over the next couple of days, so hit me up if I’ve forgotten you.

Now that’s out of the way, I can start explaining why I’ve been absent from the blogosphere for so long. I’m sure a lot of you have noticed that my posts have been getting less and less frequent, and there are LOADS of good reasons for that, believe me. I haven’t had a camera for a long time, so I’ve been piecing together posts from photos in my archive, and suffice it to say that it isn’t the most inspiring way to work, not by a long shot. A lot of my time has been devoted to writing for THE LE SIGH, interviewing some amazing artists, mavericks and zinesters. I absolutely love doing it, and reviewing art journals, zines and asking interesting people about their work is a dream come true for me, so I’m sure you can understand why a lot of my time and energy has been put into it. If you’d like to see what I’ve been doing for them you can find links to my articles in my sidebar. It would really mean a lot to me if you would check them out, if that’s your thing.

On top of that, I was also interviewed myself, by the blogger Sophie Middleton, about my collages, sex, BDSM, love and art in general (you can read it here, hint hint), which I found to be a really thought-provoking experience, as well as incredibly good fun. I’d never been interviewed properly before, and I was pleased by the questions she chose. Having to think through my answers and really examine what I believed as I wrote them down was profoundly self-realising, and I hope (if you read it) that you find it honest, and interesting.

Things in my life are really up in the air in the moment too, and moving very fast. People in my family are moving house,  and changing jobs, and shifting their lifestyle. I hope to move house soon myself, as well. I have a real, beautiful relationship with a man I truly love, and I’ve never had that before. A lot of our free time is spent gazing into each other’s eyes like a pair of adorable idiots. We get very little done while we’re together.

All that being said, I do not think this lull in my blog life will be a significant one, or that things will continue in this vane. I hope to get a new camera soon, and once I do, I have so many blog projects in mind that you’ll be sick of the sight of me appearing in your feed. I want to get better at managing my time and making space to do all the things I love doing (including my boyfriend, hahahaha aren’t I hilarious), and if that means making a schedule for my life then I’ll do that. Although I really hate schedules. So hopefully not. That’s just the threat I’m giving myself to make me get off my arse.

I love you guys. This blog saved my life, and I would never just abandon it. So please stay with me, and I’ll try my best to make it worth it in the end.

34 Comments:

At 17 January 2014 16:36 , Blogger Lady Vintage said...

Wow Such great news from you dear Holly !! All is blessed as I can see ;)) Keep on going good vibes More Love M-C

 
At 17 January 2014 18:09 , Blogger Pooja Mittal said...

So happy that you are doing gr8 work.. I can completely understand your time problem but really happy to see you back on blogger..
I am inviting you to enter phone covers giveaway
http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2014/01/spice-up-your-phone-giveaway.html?m=0
Kisses
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

 
At 17 January 2014 18:12 , Blogger Katie said...

I hope you get back to blogging soon, as I love seeing your thought-provoking and often beautiful posts. I've missed you!
I'm excited to see your work though, glad you're enjoying it. I'll also read your interview, I love reading interviews of blogging ladies I love! xx

 
At 17 January 2014 19:09 , Blogger Grunge Smoothie said...

That sounds incredibly exciting, what a fantastic opportunity!! :D

Iesha x
http://secretlifeofanirishteen.blogspot.ie/

 
At 17 January 2014 21:00 , Blogger Adele said...

I just checked out The Le Sigh and it is my new favorite thing <3

http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

 
At 18 January 2014 10:16 , Blogger Federica Di Nardo said...

Amazing words :)

Federica
http://www.thecutielicious.com

 
At 19 January 2014 01:46 , Blogger Emma Jane said...

So happy to see some words from you, love. I adored your interview and cannot wait to see what else life has in store for you. It sounds like things are amazing for you.

Em
Tightrope to the Sun

 
At 19 January 2014 02:15 , Blogger snow said...

I'll always stay with your blog, Holly! As long as I am blogging, too.

I am glad to hear things are going well. I need to get myself together this year and part of that may include some scheduling for myself.

 
At 19 January 2014 09:12 , Blogger amy said...

Im glad you made this post and your interview was great. I'm happy that you're happy and that everything is going well! The schedule thing is something I had to start doing as well, although I've been having a hard time keeping up with it hahaha. Will be here with you till the end! ;)
xxx

 
At 19 January 2014 15:36 , Blogger AVY said...

You are a rare sort of person, please keep that up.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

 
At 19 January 2014 18:23 , Blogger Neens said...

Aww lady H, I'm really happy to read that life is going well both with your writing and with your man:-D.

 
At 19 January 2014 20:54 , Blogger Niki said...

I hate schedules, they kill my impulsivity.xx



dreaming is believing

 
At 20 January 2014 06:23 , Blogger zara may said...

I love your blog
followed
http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 20 January 2014 12:36 , Blogger Eleanor said...

so good to hear from you! going to check out the interview now.. don't apologise for being gone for too long, sometimes we all have to take a break!! :)
xxx
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

 
At 21 January 2014 01:16 , Blogger Corinne said...

Don't worry about it love. We're still be here =) Enjoy the things you need to enjoy. You sound so happy and I'm so glad you've found somebody's eyes to gaze into.

<3

 
At 21 January 2014 05:52 , OpenID inspirationlush.com said...

Take all the time you need to do all those wonderful things and gaze into your love's eyes. We miss you but are of course are so happy for you. This post made me smile, glad things are going well :)

 
At 21 January 2014 05:54 , Blogger Jenna Opsahl said...

Your for The Le Sigh is awesome and so was your interview.
I just entered into my first stable relationship as well and if we lived closer to eachother, I would never get anything done. Goodness. But it's the best.
Keep doing you, we will be here =]

xx
scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

 
At 22 January 2014 21:42 , Blogger Denise Sabs said...

I love art and I think yours is great, so I will definitely check the artists you interviewed (how cool to do that! Interviewing artists!) and your interview as well! I am happy you are in a happy relationship and believe me, I totally understand when you say this blog saved your life. Three years ago, when my parents died within 6 months, I just wanted to die too. I'm still not convinced I left the idea now, cause it still hurts a lot to think I can't talk to them... besides I was angry because I'm too young not to have them in a couple of months... I didn't want to leave bed and so on, and the blog helped me to get dressed, take pictures... and believe me, it saved my life then. I hope you get a camera soon, I love seeing your collage! denisesplanet com

 
At 23 January 2014 03:13 , Blogger Poppy Lee said...

i love art,too
but i have no idea in everything
great post,and write good
thank you for sharing this,love so much
happy everyday and have a pretty time
hope you can check my new post and share beauty:
http://me-poppy.blogspot.com/2014/01/beautiful-coats-come-again.html#comment-form

 
At 23 January 2014 13:39 , Blogger zara may said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 23 January 2014 16:13 , Blogger zara may said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 24 January 2014 03:09 , Blogger Sonia De Macedo said...

Oh love these ruts are the greatest pains a creative type can experience! But they pass! I feel the same with my blog, I've been meaning to replace my lost camera for ages now and getting a tad tired using my iPhone! Plus a little bored using other peoples work on my blog too. I'd rather create beautiful editorial pieces and showcase them than anothers hehehe! I hope it all works out for you, take the time away you need, we'll keep up with you on The Le Sigh!


SDMxx
www.daringcoco.com

 
At 24 January 2014 05:30 , Blogger Jona said...

I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
http://jona562662.wordpress.com/2014/01/23/liebster-award/

 
At 24 January 2014 05:30 , Blogger Jona said...

I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
http://jona562662.wordpress.com/2014/01/23/liebster-award/

 
At 24 January 2014 20:30 , Blogger zara may said...

I love your blog
followed
http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 24 January 2014 20:38 , Blogger amy said...

I know I've already commented but I didn't want to spam up my twitter feed- thankyou for the comment you left me Holly! You're so lovely and just thankyou, it really made me happy! :D
xxx

 
At 26 January 2014 11:53 , Blogger Yanikas said...

Hello Dear, great post and pictures, I really like your side! :) ♥

If you're interested in Fashion and Lifetsyle you can take a look at my new side, be one of the first :) xx

VISIT MY BLOG HERE ♥

 
At 26 January 2014 16:29 , Blogger Maija said...

Yay I missed you! I'm glad you're life is swirling into exciting adventures, I'm about to read that interview now xx

 
At 27 January 2014 16:46 , Blogger goodbyemylover said...

great bloooG!
http://goodbyemyloverbutiloveyou.blogspot.com.es/

 
At 27 January 2014 22:14 , Blogger WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

An interesting post that I enjoyed reading.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

 
At 29 January 2014 00:07 , Blogger Panty Buns said...

Belatedly, Happy 23rd Birthday 27 January 2014!!! Get well soon! I hope all your birthday wishes come true, that you get a nice camera, and that all your endeavors and life changes go well. Congratulations on being vegan, on your writing at The Le Sigh, and your courage in the subjects you write of. I'll make a point to follow you on your Twitter @hollycassell.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

 
At 29 January 2014 05:45 , Blogger RaeAbigael said...

great for you! good luck with life! :))
anyway, hope you can join my international giveaway!
http://raellarina.blogspot.com/2014/01/wishlist-pastels-and-laces-january.html

 
At 31 January 2014 05:16 , Blogger Alena Vorontsova said...

I like your blog,dear)Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
http://www.elationofcreation.com/

 
At 31 January 2014 13:46 , Blogger WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Good luck to you and your endeavours.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every one. You can also tweet me @hollycassell, or email me at contactpersephone@gmail.com.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Go to older posts